Love Week 17
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. – Matthew 5:12
We are excited to dedicate the week of February 12-19th to focus on sharing the love of Christ with those around us!
Being an unexpected blessing will come at a cost, but it doesn’t have to just be in dollars.
Be creative and keep your eyes open to situations around you.
Here are some ideas that can make a huge difference in someone’s life:
• Listen. Talk less and listen more. The greatest gift you can give someone is your full presence.
• Send a care package to a soldier.
• Pay for the order of the person behind you in the drive thru.
• Compliments mean a lot. Sometimes we need to hear the things that we’re doing right. “You look great!” “This food is awesome!” “You’re so clever!” Don’t be stingy, dole ‘em out, but be sincere.
• Take donuts or cookies to your local fire or police station.
• Leave a generous tip after your meal.
• Love the person in front of you – put down your devices and talk to, smile at, or give a helping hand to someone. Ask them how their day is going…and mean it.
• Pay for someone else in line at the grocery store.
• Take food to your neighbors – nothing fancy…a plate of cookies or maybe a loaf of fresh-baked bread. When you give it to them take a moment and talk with them. No agenda, just be friendly.
• Hand out pre-made bags to homeless people – include things like socks, nonperishable food, bottle of water, lip balm, etc.
• Watch the children for a single mother to go shopping alone.